Thursday, March 27, 2008

2 years back


In my coffe break today i checked my blog going two years back, to see wether i'd written something on this day. Two years ago on the 27th of march it was Sunday, and we were singing with the Normal gospel choir in a local church in Antsirabè, where i lived. Seeing the pictures I really don't understand that it's been two years! That's a long time!
Oh how i miss it some days, the wonderful country Madagascar! Especially when it's been days and days with no sun, you feel like going to a marked or to chat to people that don't mind dropping a few lines with strangers. I miss the fantastic norwegian kids that i got to know, and the malagasy children who taught me how to appreciate life and the power of a smile.
Thinking back makes me feel a bit down, because there are so many people i'd love to see more often, but it's impossible. Moving around this much means getting to know a lot of people, but it also means leaving some. But most of all, i'm deeply thankful for everything that i've been through. I will never regret doing what i did, living abroad, getting to know other cultures and meeting so many wonderfull people:)
It's been two years since i sang with the choir in that little crowded church, but wow, some years!!!

No comments: