Sunday, August 24, 2008

looking back

I'm sitting and waisting time, waiting to go to work. Started thinking back, again, and was looking at my x-colleague's old blog. So much fun!! Found these pics from August 2005, which is a while ago now. We had been at Madagascar for about two weeks and had the first choir gathering on this date three years ago, wow!
The same week we also started a scout group for the Norwegian children. There had been one many years ago, but it had been dead for a while. We had so much fun in our specialmade uniforms!! :)


Have been missing Madagascar a lot lately, probably because I know it will still be a long time until I'll be able to go back and visit.. I miss the everyday life, going to the market, talking to people in the streets, the Norwegian children, the Malagasy children on the church school, all the laughter and smiles that were so real even though many had so little. We have so much to learn, I have so much to learn. I sit here thinking i'm a poor student!! I really am ashamed of myself, and we all should be!! One of the worst moments in my life was having to leave Madagascar in a hurry at Christmas time. Coming from people who never knew if they would have food for the next day or clothes for the cold nights, to people in big airports with so many bags of stuff that they couldn't even carry it!! It just made me sick and tears were streaming, I felt so lost, so hurt and so ashamed of my own culture.

Looking back at it now, the worst thing is that shortly after returning home for good, i slipped straight back into old habits.. If only we were as good at doing good acts as talking about them....

5 comments:

Marie said...

Heisann Kristiiin:) Koselig å titte innom bloggen din, her var det mye nytt siden jeg var her sist. Lykke til med sykepleien, jeg heier på deg :)

Monica said...

hallo søs såå gøy at du har starta og skrive. har netopp oppfatta det går litt seint med enkelte ting. e så gla at du trives i kristiansand og du liker deg. Jeg savner joggeturene våre:-)) kjempegla i deg vi snakkes

Anonymous said...

åh, savn!
jeg vil tilbake! nå! :[

Kristiiin said...

Så koselig med kommentarer!!
Marie, ALT for lenge siden!!!

Martha, tena fantako kia!! Malahelo anao malahelo ny fitia, malhelo foana.. .. Hehehe:) klem

Anonymous said...

åh, ikke få meg til å grin da! den sangen er jo så fiiiiiiin *sukk*
tokony tonga aty ianao kia de i tsiky koa fa tena te hahita anareo aho! ;)