Thursday, October 19, 2006

The estates


In Brentford we have some big estates as you can see at the picture under. Some of the people that live there are non-english or has some difficulties when it comes to language or getting a job.
Well, eleven years ago the "Genesis" project was started by the Parish and has done a great job. Part of their main aim is: "...advancement of education and the relief of poverty in the Haverfield and Brentford Towers Estates, Brentford..." I don't know much about it yet, but i will. From now on I will work in the project every Monday, helping babysit kids while their parents take courses at the center. I met some of them today and I'm very exited.
The picture above is the Mission Hall where most of the teaching takes place. this is also the place where I'll be on Mondays.


At this picture you can see some of the towers. We don't have anything like this is Lyngdal, where i come from. I have to find out how many people live in one of them, i bet the number is huge!

I'll tell you more about all of this when i've started!

No comments: