Thursday, November 09, 2006

Today (i'm not good at headlines)

It's been four hours since i got out of bed, took a shower, ate my burnt toast (so English) and started walking towards the always overloaded morning bus to Brentford (yes, where i work). Walking to the bus is how i wake up. Step by step i open my eyes a bit more and try to get my brain over on more important thoughts than my lovely warm bed and why i burnt the toast, again.
After a 15 min walk i reached the bus, i got to sit today!!! After spending about 30 minutes on what should take 10, i reached Brentford. Today me, my team mate Miko and a nice lady called Maria had the School Assembly. We talked about believing in God and keep asking him about things, even though you wake up and there is still no Pony in the garden (i checked every morning). I think the kids liked it. Being young and new you're quite interesting compared to a lot of teachers and other people they see all the time. So, they cut you some slack and listen. Well, i liked it and hope i get to it again soon.

Right now I'm waiting for the Open House Cafe to open. Then I'll be smiling behind the counter going: "How can I help you, love? Would you like some carrots? Beans? Would you like some drops on gravy on that, sir?" I do this every thursday, you meet a lot of nice people.

Later today i'm going to a Deanery Youth conference. I don't really know what it is, but i do think it will be exiting. I hope to make some good notes and return with a bunch of ideas.

Another day in London!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hei!
Har du en mail adresse eg kunne ha nådd deg på? kunne jo vore koselig å sendt mail te deg! Du har jo min så send i vei..he..he.. i alle fall mail adressa di!
Eg digger deg!
Klem Bjørg Marit

Kristiiin said...

Hei vennen!
Vet ike om du fikk mld mi. Hvis ikke er mailadersse mi kristinstaalsen@gmail.com.

Har tenkt paa aa skrive mail til deg flere ganger, men har ikke saa mye internett tigang. Det blir alltid til at jeg svarer paa de jeg har faatt og saa maa jeg gaa. Men, ALLE som skriver til meg faar svar:)

Gla i deg!